Workshops by Request
Below are the categories that Data Services offers workshops in. Click on each category name to find a list of specific workshops that Data Services has offered in the past. You can request one of the workshops listed, or design your own.
- Data Management Learn about topics such as collecting and processing data, analyzing data and publishing research results as well as planning for long-term access and storage.
- Finding Data Learn about some of the best places to find data, how to search for your specific topic, and how to get the data into your software.
- GIS Learn how to use Geographic Information, including that from the Census, to make maps of your data.
- Qualitative Research Learn about qualitative analysis or using software to manage qualitative data in programs such as NVivo.
- R Learn the basics of using R, a free open-source language to conduct statistical analysis.
- SAS Learn how to use SAS, statistical software common in bio-statistics and large financial or government institutions.
- SPSS Learn how to use SPSS, statistical software common in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Stata Learn how to use Stata, statistical software commonly used in Economics and Public Policy.